For the first 2 pair, I used a gray cotton/lycra knit I got at WM for $1.50 yard. It's really perfect for this as it's thin and very stretchy. I happened to have a small piece of matching gray lingerie elastic and used it for the waist and legs of the first pair. The second pair I used white elastic since I didn't have any more of the gray.
For the next two, I used the same gray cotton knit and some left over poly stretchy knits for the waist bands and legs. These are comfortable and I like them, but the leg bands do stretch out.
The black print is a ITY knit leftover from a dress project; white cotton knit for crotch; and stretchy black knit for waistband and leg bands.
The pink & blue is a cotton knit left from some past project and white cotton knit for waistband and leg bands. The cotton print does not stretch up and down, so they ride a little low. And the cotton knit I used for the waist and legs does not have good recovery, so stretches out during the day. This pair looks so cute, but not that great to wear. Lesson learned.
These last two pair are my favorites. I used the same gray fabric as before. I've decided I prefer the combination of stretchy knit fabric for the waistbands and picot elastic for the legs. I finally figured out the right length for the leg elastic and have gotten pretty good at applying it. And after several alterations, I have a good fit on the pattern.
I used the pattern from this book and kept altering it until I have one that works for me. I changed a little here and there, but the main alteration was adding more coverage to the lower check area.
This book also has patterns for slips and camisoles. And the instructions are really good.
I honestly didn't think I'd like sewing panties. And at first, it was fiddly, but I once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed making them. And it was good learning new techniques. Now that I have a TNT pattern and have ordered more elastic, I'm sure I'll make more in the near future.