A blog devoted primarily to garment sewing - with little splashes of quilting, crafts, and misc. sewing thrown in for variety.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Emma Sews


My darling granddaughter, Emma, is becoming quite the sewing girl!   Here she is using my machine and making a sundress.   It makes me happy that she likes to sew.







Last year for her birthday, I bought her a Kenmore ultra mini. But she says she likes using mine better!
 

















Here she is modeling her new dress. It's a reversible sundress.  We made it using 2 coordinating cotton prints & didn't use a pattern.  She's familiar with patterns as we've used them to make doll clothes, but not for clothes for herself.  I need to get her some, so she can learn how to use them.




 

Joann Fabrics has Simplicity patterns on sale next week-end & I'm going to try to pick up a couple patterns for her.  I really like this one.  It's a cute style, plus I think Emma could sew most of it herself.

 


This one's cute too.

 





  

1 comment:

  1. Good job Emma! Your summer sun dress is really cute on you.

    ReplyDelete