My finished bag is 2 inches shorter than the pattern. I installed a zipper at the top instead of a magnetic snap.
I used home decor fabric from Joann's. I used fusible fleece as the interfacing and machine quilted the black side. I used a solid blue for the lining. The handles are made from the black fabric with nylon webbing inside. I like using the webbing better than interfacing as it's not so bulky, but very strong, and adds just the right amount of stiffness.
I like pockets on my purses - so I added 3 of them. There's a small inside pocket; a large outside pocket on one side and a small one on the other side. All of the pockets have zipper closures. I used key charms as zipper pulls.
Here's a close up to show the pulls.
I like the fabric, it's the right size & has the pockets I need - I think I got it right.