Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Knit Maxi Dress - Butterick 6330

I made this dress a couple months, but just now getting it posted.

I also want to make the jacket later in the fall.

I made a size large, which is bigger than I need.  But the fabric is thin and very stretchy, and I didn't want it to cling too much.  I'm happy with the fit.

Fit alterations I made: added 1 inch to the front bodice length and removed 1 inch from back bodice length, and removed 1 inch from shoulder width.  These are standard alterations for me.

 I bought the fabric from in 2007 and paid $5.00 yard.  It's one of those fabrics that I liked so much that I was hesitant to cut it.  I'm glad to finally use and love the dress.

I really like it with a black cardigan.

And the back

I also used the pattern to make a black knit dress.  I made it calf length, added short sleeves and lowered the neckline by 1-1/2 inches.