I made pants. I worked on pants so much last fall and made so many unwearable muslins, that I was so frustrated and completely sick of pants. But after 3 months, I was ready to try again.
I used BWOF magazine May 2007, # 112. This is the line drawing. Very simple style: wide legs (22" at the hem), front zipper, no pockets. I didn't add the waist detail.
I cut a size 46, but probably should have cut a 44 as I had to remove quite a bit from the waist and a little from the hips and the legs are very loose. They were too high waisted in the front, so I trimmed a little off the top of the waist and narrowed the waistband by an inch. In the back, I added an inch at the center, top of the waist. They're still a little tight in the back crotch curve, but completely wearable.
The fabric is a gray cotton/blend that probably came from Joann Fabric's a few years ago. It was easy to sew (but ravels badly), and comes out of the washer and dryer with only minimal wrinkling - and presses good, They will be nice to wear this summer in hot weather.
These have a wide waistband. Even after removing an inch, it's still about 2-1/4" wide. I like about a 2" wide waistband, so next time, I'll reduce it to that size.
I used a gold print fabric for the waistband and zipper fly, and since I had one in my stash that matched, used a gold zipper.
Here's the front:
And the back:
They don't look bad, just one wrinkle on the right side. I'm hoping my alterations on the next pair will take care of that. I've made alterations to the pattern, and have another pair cut out in a "linen look" fabric.