I finished another skirt, using this pattern.
According to my measurements, I should need a size 18, so that's what I cut, but it was quite a bit too big through the waist. The finished length listed for this skirt is 38", but this is only allowing for a 5/8" hem. Next time I will cut it a little longer as I prefer a deeper hem allowance. Also, it would probably look better using an invisible zipper. The only change I made was to stitch up the slit.
I used a poly-blend "linen" look fabric. It is very thin and almost see-through. I will definitely need to wear a slip with it. It was a good choice for this pattern. I don't know how long I've had it, but it most likely came from Joann Fabrics. I had 2 yards and that's what it took for this skirt. It was easy to sew, but ravels a lot. And it wrinkles, but not excessively.
Making this skirt meets some self-imposed summer sewing rules: fabric is from stash; it's a solid color basic that can mix & match with items I already own; and it will get me out of the rut of wearing pants all the time.