A blog devoted primarily to garment sewing - with little splashes of quilting, crafts, and misc. sewing thrown in for variety.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Quilts

For the last several weeks, I've been obsessed with sewing quilts!  It all started with a sew along on Pattern Review for a "scrappy trip-along" quilt.   I started it the end of January and finished it in a month.  I love scrappy quilts and love how my trip along turned out.  It was a lot of fun working on it.   Since my bedroom is decorated in turquoise, I added a matching border to the quilt. I took it to the quilter a couple weeks ago, so should get it back soon.  I can't wait!




After finished that, I decided to pull out a quilt top I started a couple years ago.   I had most of the blocks cut and over half already sewed.  It's a Double Irish Chain.  It's finished and waiting to be quilted.





After finishing the trip-along, I had a lot of 2-1/2 inch strips left over that I wanted to use up. While browsing around the web, I found this picture.   So pretty and simple to make.  So, now I'm working on this :)



2 comments:

  1. They are some great quilts. I don't have the patience or the preciseness for quilts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome quilts Beverly! :)

    ReplyDelete