I've been so obsessed with pants since September that I've hardly sewn anything else, or actually thought about anything else. But I did make a vest in October using this Simplicity pattern.
This vest has princess seams on the front & back-which gives it a nice fit.
The pattern also includes a shirt pattern that has a couple different neckline & sleeve options.
I used a purplish/blue paisley print flannel that I've had in my stash for a few years. I always loved it, but it was such a small piece that I didn't know what to use it for. I usually use a size 14 pattern for Simplicity tops, but I made this in a 16 since it looked pretty close fitting on the envelop. I'm glad I went up a size because the 16 is a perfect fit. The only thing I had trouble with was the ruffle collar. I tried to line it, but it was just too bulky & I could not get it to lay right. So I cut a new ruffle and hemmed it using my narrow hem foot - turned out pretty good.
I used a small scrap of white satin (also from stash) for the lining.
I added buttons to the "pocket" flaps.
Here's a couple close ups of the neck ruffle.
I like how it turned out; now just waiting for it to get cold enough to wear it.