This Dress Barn top was my inspiration.
Although the finished product doesn't look anything like the pattern, I used Vogue (1261) as my base. The design element that's the same is the hem shape. I had used the pattern before and love the way it fits me.
I used an ivory scroll lace for the top layer and the sleeves, and a lightweight knit of the same color for the under layer. Both of these came from Joann Fabrics - I used 50% coupons.
I cut a size 14, but used 3/8" seam allowances as my lace doesn't have much stretch. I also cut the sleeves a little larger. And I made it about 1 inch longer. The other thing I should have done was lower the armholes as they're a little tight.
I sewed the two layers of fabric together at the shoulders and sleeves, but kept them separate at the side seams & hems.
Very often, the finished garment doesn't turn out the way I envisioned it. But this time, it actually did and I'm very happy with the results.