I decided to make a pair of pants as my first project of the year. I'm working on pants again mainly because I have so few that fit me. I always have better luck with BWOF pants patterns, so that's what I started with. I used #112 from the May 2007 issue. I really like this pattern. The shape of the hip line and legs are just right for me. Here's the line drawing:
Alterations I made: added a 1-1/2" wedge to lengthen the back crotch seam; removed a little from the width of the back crotch seam; lowered the front waistline 5/8"; and removed 2" from back waist.
I also left out the zipper and added an elastic waistband. I made the waist just big enough to pull over my hips, so the waistband is flat when the pants are worn.
The fabric I used is a black with blue pinstripe that I got at Joann Fabrics November 2011 and paid $2.50 yard as it was on clearance. It's a woven "suiting" blend with a little stretch that I'm sure has some poly in it, but it is very nice. It sews up great and doesn't wrinkle badly. It drapes so nicely and feels great. I wish I had more like it, in a different color.
Here's the front:
They are really comfortable to wear.
There's still some wrinkles in the back of the pants, but overall I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.