McCall's 5977 is the basis for my top. I started with a size 14, but added width at the hip area & lengthened by 2 inches. So it's more of a tunic now. I like the fit of this pattern; the neckline and armholes are the right size, with no gaping.
Side view. I cut the center front from the print fabric and added to sides of the front using the stripe fabric. I cut bias strips and used it to finish the neckline and armholes.
Back view, showing narrow strip I added to the bottom. I used 2 coordinating quilting fabrics.
I added a peter pan collar.
Underside of the collar, showing the stripe fabric
I think it turned out cute & will be good to wear this summer.