Friday, October 17, 2014

Kimono - Simplicity 1318

I finished one of the items on my fall sewing list: a silk kimono.  

I used a poly shantung that I got on clearance at Joann Fabrics for $3.50 yard.  The 4" fringe also came from Joann's.  I used 2-1/2 yards of fabric and 2 yards of fringe.  Total cost for supplies (including the pattern) was around $20.00.

I made a size medium,  and the only change I made was to leave off the sleeve bands.

Here's the back:


  1. A very pretty kimono - and what a stunning setting - I'm sure you will enjoy this for years and years :)

  2. Pretty Kimono and that print is perfect for it.

  3. My gosh, what gorgeous pictures! The kimono, the background and your smiling face :-)

  4. Lovely! You are going to get so much wear out of this piece.