A blog devoted primarily to garment sewing - with little splashes of quilting, crafts, and misc. sewing thrown in for variety.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TNT Patterns

I've decided to add another item to my list of sewing goals for this year.  I want to develop a TNT (tried and true) pattern for the basics in my wardrobe. After thinking about what I wear most of the time, I came up with this list of 10.
 
1. Basic knit top (with neckline & sleeve variations)
2. Cardigan
3. Woven pull over top
4. Princess seam button down blouse
5. Loose fit button down shirt
6. Vest
7. Boot-leg trousers
8. Knit pants (slim fit & flare leg)
9. Woven pants (pull on style for linen, etc.)
10. Knit dress


This will be a big job, but once it's done, it will make sewing more enjoyable.   And quicker too since fitting a new pattern can take a lot of time. Wish me luck!
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it's an excellent idea. I would love to develop a very similar stable of TNT patterns. Perhaps I should join you in your quest...I find I enjoy sewing a LOT more when fitting isn't such an issue.

    ReplyDelete